Maintenance for Timing Belts
The installation, maintenance, failure mode, and correcting measures of belt transmission
The correct installation of belt
(1 )Switch off the power, remove the protective cap. Loosen the assembly belt. Move the motor the make the belt loose, you can take off the belt without prying, prying the belt of is not allowed.
(2) Take off the old belt, then check if there is any abnormal wear and tear. Excessive wear and tear may indicate there are some problems with the design or maintenance of the gearing.
(3) Choose the proper belt for changing
(4) Clean the belt and the pulley, use a cloth with some liquid which can't volatilize easily to wipe. Soaking in the cleaning formulation or brush the cleaning formulation are not good; use the sand paper or sharp subject to scratch are not proper.
The belt must be dry before using.
(5) Check the pulley if there is any abnormal wear and tear or crack, if the wear and tear is excessive, then the pulley must be changed.
(6) Check the pulley to see if it is symmetrical of straight line, this is very important for the performance of the belt transmission, especially for the timing belt gearing.